Join a peer mentoring group in your area
NOW ACCEPTING FINANCIAL FITNESS PEER MENTORING APPLICATIONS FOR SELECT CITIES
Women’s Enterprise Centre is pleased to announce the launch of our 2017 Financial Fitness Mentorship Program.
Our peer mentoring groups will be offered in multiple communities around the Province of BC and will be facilitated by Chartered Professional Accountants.
The connection between financial literacy and business growth cannot be under-estimated. A myriad of research projects, surveys and anecdotal evidence points to the need for women in business to gain stronger financial understanding in order to grow their businesses. Both the 2014 and 2015 BC Economic Forum: Women as a Catalyst for Growth and the 2015 WEC Catalyst for Growth Regional Dialogues pointed to the need for women in business to gain financial literacy.
Some topics covered will include:
- Understanding your financial statements – can you spot mistakes or inconsistencies?
- Preparing pro forma cash flow statements – do you know what your financing needs are?
- Financial contingency planning – what are the potential risks in your business?
- How profitable are each of your products – do you have the right mix?
- How do price changes impact the profitability of your business?
- How should you fund business growth?
Groups of six to eight women will meet for six, two hour meetings with a volunteer mentor with their CPA designation.
The mentor will ensure that members work together – fostering a cohesive and comfortable group of women, who are there to listen, brainstorm and provide support for each other. The mentor also helps mentees build new skills and knowledge in a confidential environment.
Group Start Dates TBC
Financial Fitness Peer Mentoring is starting in the following communities this spring:
- Vancouver | Brandi Wingrove – Partner, KPMG – FULL, Applications Closed
- Kelowna | Lynn Wong – Associate Partner, Crowe MacKay – 3 SPOTS LEFT
- Victoria | Lenora Lee – Partner, KPMG – 2 SPOTS LEFT
- Prince George | Colleen Ballantyne – Audit Senior Manager, KPMG – SPOTS LEFT
Up to 8 mentees per group. Group start dates will be confirmed once all applications have been processed. Most will begin in May/June 2017.
Application deadline extended
More locations will be added soon. Stay tuned!
Sign up for our eBlasts to receive updates!
Find out if you need a Business Advisor or Mentor at this time.
The Peer Mentoring Program is funded in part by:Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Ministry responsible for Labour