Grant Programs for BC Businesses
Contrary to popular belief, grants for business start-ups are few and far between. Aside from there being a limited pool of accessible money, the application process and reporting requirements can be a serious drain of your time. In most cases, the procedure required to obtain a grant is simply not a practical use of the new business owner's time.
Women’s Enterprise Centre does not have a grant program, but we do offer small business loans.
We are not associated with the Small Business Finance Centre or The Centre.
When looking into small business grants, remember: You should never have to pay for grant information!
For more information on grants and eligibility, listen to our recent Mentor Advisory Forum: Get Money to Fund Your Business: Exploring Loans and Grants.
Featured Grant for Northern BC Business Owners
Funding Sources for BC Businesses
There are funding sources (including grants) for specific purposes, for which you may be eligible. The websites below contain more information on some funding sources available.
Business and the Arts:
- Venture Capital Programs
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Labour Sponsored Funds Program
- The British Columbia Arts Council
- ARTS BC
- Small Business BC Overview of Financing options
- Canada Council for the Arts Grants
- City of Vancouver Cultural Services, Grants, Awards & Support Programs
- Canada's funding programs for the Environment and Climate Change
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada
Research and Technology:
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- National Research Council Canada – Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
- Concierge Service – Your Guide to Innovation
- Government of Canada support for apprentices
- Apprenticeship Incentive Grant
- Apprenticeship Completion Grant
- Women in Trades Training
- Aboriginal Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Business Equity Fund
- Grant writing support through Norther Development Initiative Trust
- Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business
- Aboriginal Financial Institutions by Province
- Province of BC – Targeted Wage Subsidies employment program
- Province of BC – Job Creation Partnerships employment program
- Province of BC – Labour Market Partnerships employment program
- Douglas Collage – Career Focus Wage Subsidy Program
- Get Youth Working Program
- Canada-BC Job Grant
- Federal Government – Employee / Skills Subsidy or Grant Programs
Vancouver Foundation Grants
If you have further questions about your small business financing options, call us at 1.800.643.7014 or request more information online and our Client Services Coordinator will be in touch.